Finally a culinary connection between Munich and Tokyo. Juicy pork knuckles in crispy tempura.
- Remove the meat from the pork knuckle in not too small pieces. You want to have pieces the size of a small finger.
- Marinate the pieces in the oyster and hoisin sauce for about 1 hour.
- In the meantime, prepare the Tempura dough according to the instructions and then heat up the deep fryer.
- Sprinkle the starch over the shank meat and mix well.
- Now pull each piece of meat through the tempura dough and fry until crispy.
- Drain on kitchen paper and serve with the Tonkatsu sauce as a dip.
- 3 medium sized pork knuckles, cooked
- 100 g Tempura dough Golden Turtle for Chefs™ (Art. 60702)
- 100 ml oyster sauce Golden Turtle for Chefs™ (Art. 60304)
- 100 ml hoisin sauce Golden Turtle for Chefs™ (Art. 60305)
- 20-30 g Mondamin starch
- 100 ml Tonkatsu sauce
- Costs p. portion: approx. €0.80
- Energy p.portion: approx. 180 kcal.**
- Preparation time: 15 min.
Wheat, soy, corn, shellfish and crustaceans
A fruity component is provided by the Tonkatsu sauce, which is usually served with the Japanese Schnitzel baked in Panko (Tonkatsu).