- Season the ox cheeks with salt and pepper and fry them in a casserole. Take them from the pot.
- Put the vegetables in the casserole and roast over medium heat, add tomato paste and roast briefly while stirring constantly. Deglaze with half of the red wine. Let the wine boil down, then add the rest of the wine with the sushi seasoning and let it boil down again.
- Add the ox cheeks, soy sauce and top up with water. Add the spices and herbs and place with the lid in the preheated oven (160°C). Turn the meat occasionally and cook slowly for about 1.5-2 h. The meat must fall off a meat fork without resistance.
- Remove the cheeks from the sauce, strain the sauce through a sieve into a pot. Season the sauce with the ketjap, salt, pepper and possibly rice vinegar so that it tastes slightly sweet and sour.
- Steam the sweet potatoes in a pot with lid in some butter, puree, strain and stir in the remaining butter. Remove the seeds from the apricots and caramelise with a little sugar. Now serve everything and enjoy!
- 2.5 kg(5 pcs.) Ox cheeks, cleaned
- 200 g stir fry vegetables, cut into walnut size (celery, carrot, onion)
- 3 cloves Chinese garlic Golden Turtle for Chefs™ (Art. 60613)
- 2 stalks lemon grass stalks
- 2 pcs. clove
- 2 pcs. star anise
- 50 ml Golden Turtle soy sauce for Chefs™ (Art. 60309 or 60332)
- 100 ml Ketjap soy sauce Golden Turtle for Chefs™ (Art. 60310)
- 0.5 l red wine
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 100 ml Sushi Seasoning Golden Turtle for Chefs™ (Art. 60601)
- 20 pcs apricots
- 2 kg sweet potatoes Golden Turtle for Chefs™ (Art. 60624)
- 100 g butter (or more)
- Rice vinegar, salt, pepper
- Costs p. portion: approx. € 4.20*
- Energy p. portion approx. 680kcal**
- Preparation time: Preparation 2.5 h
Wheat, soy, celery, milk
A conventional stew filled with soy sauce and water. Inexpensive, easy to use but very convincing in taste.