Kung Pao is a typical Chinese dish with the full flavour of soybean paste, a twist of rice vinegar and a unique blend of crushed spices.
- Cook the rice according to instructions, preferably in the rice cooker.
- Fry the squid in rice oil, remove from the pan and put aside.
- Roast walnuts and garlic, add bell pepper, carrot and celery, roast briefly and add the kung pao sauce.
- Bring to a boil, add the squid, cook briefly and season to taste with some lime juice and maybe some soy sauce.
- 1 kg defrosted squid
- 500 ml Kung Pao Sauce Golden Turtle for Chef™ (Art. 60412)
- 2 pcs Golden Turtle garlic for Chefs™ (Art. 60613)
- 100 g walnuts
- 3 bell peppers, coarse cubes
- 3 pcs carrot, sliced
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- ½ Coriander, coarsely chopped
- 1 lime juice
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce Golden Turtle for Chefs™ (Art. 60309)
- 2 tbs rice oil Golden Turtle for Chefs™ (Art. 60354)
- Category: starter, main course
- Costs p. portion: €2.70*
- Preparation time: approx. 20 Min.
- *Ingredient costs based on averaged distribution prices.
Wheat, soy, corn, seafood
Traditionally Kung Pao is made with chicken, peanuts, chilli, Szechuan pepper and vegetables