KUNG PAO PHEASANT WITH WOK VEGETABLES AND CASHEWS
A wok dish with a difference!
The natural Kung Pao sauce of Golden Turtle for Chefs™ emphasises the wild taste of pheasant breast with its aromas.
- 1.3 kg pheasant breast, without skin and bones
- 3 tbsp cornflour
- 3 tbsp water
- 40 ml rice oil Golden Turtle for Chef™ (Art. 60354)
- 200 ml sweet soy sauce Golden Turtle for Chef™ (Art. 60310)
- 200 g cashew nuts
- 500 ml Kung Pao Sauce Golden Turtle for Chef™ (Art. 60412)
- 1 kg Asian Wok Vegetable Mix Golden Turtle for Chef™ (Art. 60612)
- 2 chili peppers, cut into fine rings
- 2 vegetable onions, cut into strips
- ½ block Garlic Golden Turtle for Chef™ (Art. 60621)
- 500 g jasmine rice Golden Turtle for Chef™ (Art. 60155)
- 300 g mung bean sprouts
- Cook the rice according to instructions, preferably in a rice cooker.
- Cut the pheasant breast into thin strips, stir the cornflour into the water, put on the meat and mix.
- Fry the chopped onions, chilli and garlic in a wok.
- Add the vegetable mix to the Kung Pao sauce and cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Simultaneously fry the pheasant breast in a wok at high heat for 2 min.
- Add the cashew nuts and deglaze with the sweet soy sauce.
- Arrange the pheasant breast strips on the vegetables, garnish with mung bean sprouts and coriander.
Costs p. portion: approx. € 2.65*
Energy p. portion: approx. 1100 kcal.
Preparation time: 20 min
Accessories: Rice cooker, cutting board, 2 woks
*Ingredient costs based on averaged distribution prices
- Wheat, soy, corn
The Kung Pao sauce is particularly suitable for poultry dishes or pork stews.