- Cut the pork belly into 5 cm wide strips and place in a freezer bag.
- Add all the ingredients for the marinade. Close the bag tightly and knead lightly. Marinate overnight in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C and place the pork belly on a baking tray with the rind on top.
- Mix the plum sauce and water and brush the belly with it, place in the oven and brush again with the plum water every 5 minutes. The belly takes about 50 minutes to cook.
- At the end, turn up the oven a bit to make the belly nice and crispy.
- Put a steam basket on a pot of boiling water, put the frozen Gua Bao Buns in it. steam for approx. 12 min.
- Cook the vegetable strips briefly in a wok, season to taste with salt, pepper and sesame oil.
- Cut the cooked pork belly into slices, open the Gua Bao Buns, spread some Hoisin sauce, cover with pork belly, vegetable strips and salad.
- 20 Gua Bao Steam Burger Bun
- 1 kg pork belly
- 300 g vegetable strips of your choice
- 2 tbsp sesame oil Golden Turtle for Chefs™ (Art. 60352)
- Hoisin Sauce Golden Turtle for Chefs™ (Art. 60305) or Sriracha Mayo for garnish
- 3 tbsp soy sauce Golden Turtle for Chefs™ (Art. 60309)
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce Golden Turtle for Chefs™ (Art. 60304)
- 2 tbsp palm sugar
- 2 tbsp Hoisin Sauce Golden Turtle for Chefs™ (Art. 60305)
- 3 cloves garlic Golden Turtle for Chefs™ (Art. 60613), roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp plum sauce
- 3 tbsp water
Costs p. person: approx. € 4.22* Energy p. person approx. 1280 kcal.**** Preparation time: marinade 12 h, cooking approx. 50 min, preparation 20 min *Ingredient costs based on averaged distribution prices
- Wheat, soy, crustaceans, sesame, corn, mustard
The Gua Bao Bun is wonderfully soft and can be combined with a wide variety of fillings. Here is the classic variant with crisp pork belly.