Tandoori is a musthave in Indian Cuisine and blends perfectly with lamb.
- Fry the lamb in the rice oil and remove from the pan.
- Fry the onions and the garlic in the same frying pan until the gravy has been absorbed completely and the edges of the onions are golden brown.
- Add the meat, salt and pepper, fill with the broth and tandoori sauce, add the lime leaves and cook for approx. 1.5 h over a low heat and braise with the lid closed.
- Cook the rice, preferably in a rice cooker according to instructions.
- Add the aubergine cubes when the lamb is tender enough and continue to braise for 8 minutes.
- Add the courgette cubes and the frozen Edamame, braise for another 5 minutes and serve hot with the Basmati rice
- 1400 g boneless leg of lamb, diced to goulash size
- 3 tbsp rice oil Golden Turtle for Chefs™ (Art. 60354)
- 2 onions, roughly diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 500 ml Tandoori sauce Golden Turtle for Chefs™ (Art. 60484)
- 250 ml broth
- 5 lime leaves
- 1 aubergine, cut into cubes approx. 2x2 cm
- 1 courgette, cut into cubes approx. 2x2 cm
- 200 g Edamame Golden Turtle for Chefs™ (Art. 60620)
- 500 g Basmati rice Golden Turtle for Chefs™ (Art. 60157)
- Costs p. portion: approx. €4.30*
- Energy p.portion: approx. 825 kcal
- Preparation time: 10 min. Preparation cook for approx. 2 h Preparation in advance possible
- Accessories: Cutting board, casserole with lid, Rice cooker or stock pot
Replace the basmati rice with naan bread and serve with mango chutney and pickled shallots.